Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Twist & Shout

Last week, I had the pleasure of going on vacation at a bed & breakfast on the Eastern Shore (MD). It was so serene and peaceful! While on vacation, I did not want to be bothered with fussing around with my hair, so I decided to get my hair done in mini twists. I love doing my hair, but I don't really have the patience for doing styles that take hours, so I made an appointment with my hairdresser.

Mini twists! They are so cute!
A communications mishap occurred, my hairdresser never showed, and in her absence, someone else tried to do my hair. What a disaster! There was somewhat of a language barrier, and even though I said several times over that I want my hair twisted, they blow dried it to death and were about to press my hair. Another lady at the salon tried to rectify the situation by re-wetting my hair and twisting it, but she was making the parts super big, which would have had me walking out there looking like a little girl. After wasting about an hour and a half of my time, and $25 of my money, I left out of there with my hair looking like this:

Forcing a smile... This is not the vacation hair I needed!
I was so mad! I could have done that at home for free! Fortunately, I got a last-minute appointment with someone else who did a wonderful job twisting my hair. I am so grateful there are so many natural hairstylists in the DC area or else I would have had to spend hours twisting my hair, which is what I wanted to avoid. Long story short--wait, can I still say that three paragraphs in?--I got my hair twisted up in time for my vacation. The twists aren't quite as small as I wanted and I feel like in the future, if I want them super small, I would just need to do them myself. Nonetheless, the hairstylist did a great job and come Friday, this hairstyle will have lasted me two weeks.

First day, feeling myself lol #swag
Vacay photo :)
Take me back!! lol
It's been great rocking this protective style, and keeping my hands out of my hair. I'll probably rock a twistout all weekend, then spend Sunday washing my hair and trying to figure out another low-manipulation style. What's your go-to protective style? I need ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment