Thursday, January 17, 2013

Welcome to Pompadour Silk!

Hello beauties!

I have been wanting to start a blog for a few months now and here it is! This is a natural hair and fashion blog, a hybrid of my current obsessions. In future posts, I plan to share hair tips, my own hair journey, and my fashion inspirations and expressions. For now, here's a little about me... 

My hair
I am a healthy hair enthusiast! I love my natural hair, but I'm not going to harass anyone to go natural just because I am. (Read: I'll strongly encourage it, but won't be annoying about it). I'm a strong believer in using natural products for my natural hair. I've been natural since 2006, but only started truly taking care of my hair for about a year now. It's been a definite learning process and I've gone through LOTS of products, fads, and even a few horror stories. But in the end, I think I've found what works for me.

To be clear, I am not a natural hair elitist. In fact, I don't co-wash, I do straighten (though I haven't for about a year), I do blow dry, I've used color, and I've definitely used extensions. Like fashion, I believe hair is a form of self-expression, and through this blog, I just want to express myself--not speak for the entire natural hair world.

 Twist-out


My fashion
I would describe my style as a mix of retro and urban. I love clothes with patterns, texture, and color. I believe in wearing clothes that make you feel good about yourself! I believe a woman, at any size, should wear clothes she feels confident in! That's what I do, and I feel great! lol... Through this blog, I just want to spread my positive energy for all the plus-sized girls who feel as though they can't be as fashionable as their thinner peers.

Summer 2012

Hope you enjoyed this post! I will be updating at least once a week!

1 comment: